Steven R. Bangerter
Mr. Bangerter is recognized by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the top 100 litigation lawyers in the State of Utah. Prior to entering the practice of law, Mr. Bangerter worked as a Radiation Therapist, with a specialty credential in Intra-operative Radiation Oncology. He was honored to receive the American Registry of Radiologic Technology’s Blue Ribbon Award for his research and resulting publication of “The Ultimate Modality for Irradiation and Treatment of Breast Cancer.” In 1993, Mr. Bangerter joined the Costa Mesa based firm of Cooksey, Toolen, Gage, Duffy & Woog, as an associate attorney. Five years later, Mr. Bangerter was named a Partner and a member of the Board of Directors. In that capacity, he managed a team of attorneys with practice areas including insurance defense, insurance coverage, professional negligence, fraudulent business practices, catastrophic closed-head and brain injuries, and matters relating to elder law, hospital and convalescent nursing care.
Thereafter, Mr. Bangerter became the founding partner of Bangerter Frazier & Graff P.C. Originally, the firm opened an office in Oakland, California, but within two years expanded to include offices in Los Angeles, and St. George, Utah. Mr. Bangerter is recognized by A.M. Best Company’s Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys for “his reputation, character and experience” in the area of insurance law. He has been named to the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Golden Key National Honor Society.
- Licensed Radiation Therapist by the California and American Registries of Radiologic Technologists.
- Recipient, American Registry of Radiologic Technology Blue Ribbon Award, “The Ultimate Modality for Irradiation and Treatment of Breast Cancer,” 1986.
- Holder, Cambridge Certificate in Risk Management for Churches and Schools.
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Environment of Business, California State University at Fullerton, 1993-1997; Saddleback College, 1997-2000.
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Former Member, American Registry of Radiation Therapists and California Registry of Radiation Therapists.
- Previously, on the Board of Directors as a Partner with the forty-five attorney firm of Cooksey, Toolen, Gage, Duffy & Woog, based in Costa Mesa, California.
- Outside General Counsel for Stellar Enterprise, Inc., Mytrex Mgt., Inc., General Assembly Church of Alameda County, and Rescue Alert, Inc.
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Church Related Law and Risk Management
- Employment Practices
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Business Litigation
- Professional Malpractice
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Los Angeles County, Orange County and American (Member, Tort and Insurance Practice Sections) Bar Associations.
- State Bar of California
- Utah State Bar
- Western State University, J.D., 1993
- Arizona State University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1989
- University of Utah, Radiation Therapist, 1986