James C. Purcell
James Purcell joined Bangerter Frazier Group in January 2020, and was elevated to Partner effective January 1, 2022. Prior to joining "BFG", James was associated with a reputable multi-state law firm practicing in the areas of real estate homeowner's association law, insurance defense, insurance coverage, debt collection, construction defects, and general civil litigation. His current practice encompasses those areas along with personal injury and business law. James has represented Plaintiffs and Defendants in a wide variety of legal matters, in both Federal and State Courts. James speaks Spanish and enjoys hiking with his family when out of the office.
Recent Case Results
- Obtained dismissal of claims including selective enforcement and taking without compensation (Cocks v. Swain's Creek Pines Lot Owners' Association)
- Obtained dismissal of claims including retaliation and interference with economic relations (Artisan Custom Homes v. Dammeron Valley)
- Obtained six-figure quiet title determinations for real property (Gardens South v. Confidential & Utah Windmill v. Confidential)
- Obtained hundreds of thousands of dollars for clients in a strenuously-litigated construction defect matter (Trailside v. Festival)
- Assisted dozens of clients with collecting substantial amounts and benefits through foreclosure, garnishment, and other collection proceedings